Last updated: November 02, 2023. To see prior version, click here.
US.SUNSTARQAIS.COM is operated by Trans Cosmos America, Inc. (“TCA”) on behalf of its client, Sunstar Engineering, Inc., a Japan corporation (“SUNSTAR”). SUNSTAR, the owner of the website, cares how information about you is used and shared, and is dedicated to protecting your privacy and digital life.
This Privacy Notice therefore describes how TCA and SUNSTAR collect and process your personal information through the US.SUNSTARQAIS.COM website that references this Privacy Notice (the "SUNSTAR Services"). By using SUNSTAR Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
• What Personal Information About Customers Does SUNSTAR Collect?
• For What Purposes Does SUNSTAR Use Your Personal Information?
• What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
• Does SUNSTAR Share Your Personal Information?
• How Secure Is Information About Me?
• What About Advertising?
• What Information Can I Access?
• What Choices Do I Have?
• Are Children Allowed to Use SUNSTAR Services?
• Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosures
• Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
• Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does SUNSTAR Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect and when we collect it:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information, including personal information, you provide in relation to SUNSTAR Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our SUNSTAR Services.
• Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information during and about your use of SUNSTAR Services, including information about your interaction with products, content, and services available through SUNSTAR Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses SUNSTAR Services and other content served by or on behalf of SUNSTAR on other websites. Click here to see examples of what we collect.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does SUNSTAR Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
• Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve SUNSTAR Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the SUNSTAR Services.
• Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with SUNSTAR Services.
• Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
• Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to SUNSTAR Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
• Fraud Prevention. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SUNSTAR, and others.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does SUNSTAR Share Your Personal Information?
We are dedicated to building a great company, with products and services that enrich and improve the lives of our customers. We are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
• Transactions involving Third Parties: Where needed for the operation of the website, to enhance the customer experience, or to offer complimentary services, we may make available to you services provided by third parties for use on or through SUNSTAR Services. For example, we may offer extended product warranties through third parties that give you assurance that the products you purchase from us will be protected beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Ad Companies: SUNSTAR Services may include third-party advertising. We may provide such third-party ad companies with your information, but we never share your name or other information that directly identifies you. For the detail of sharing of your information with ad companies, please see What About Advertising?
• Protection of SUNSTAR and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SUNSTAR, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To SUNSTAR’s Successor: Your personal information will be transferred to SUNSTAR’s successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We set out to design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
• We review and select ecommerce platform partners that follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
• We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your SUNSTAR account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
• Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: SUNSTAR Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising and to adjust your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising Preferences page.
• Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant SUNSTAR ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie, a device identifier, or a code derived from applying irreversible cryptography to other information like an email address. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by going to the Advertising Preferences page.
What Information Can I Access?
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Your account with us may also include preferences or settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
• As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the SUNSTAR Services.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access? When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. You may also opt out of e-mail marketing messages by clicking on the link at the bottom of any marketing e-mail. Please allow up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Note that you still may receive transactional e-mails from us about your orders or your account.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use SUNSTAR Services?
SUNSTAR does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use SUNSTAR Services only with the approval and supervision of a parent or guardian who has explicitly provided parental consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. If we are made aware that we have unknowingly received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will immediately remove all of that child’s personal information from our records. Users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Website by contacting us using the Contact Us form identified below.
Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosures
Click here to read additional state-specific privacy disclosures as required under applicable laws.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use SUNSTAR Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at SUNSTAR, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use SUNSTAR Services
You provide information, including personal information, to us when you:
• search or shop for products or services in our store;
• add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use SUNSTAR Services;
• provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us);
• communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
• complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
• provide reviews of our products or services;
• sign up to receive alerts from us, such as when a new product or service becomes available or when we are offering discounts on purchases.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
• identifying information such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, social media handle/identifier and phone numbers;
• payment card or payment account information;
• your age;
• your location information;
• your IP address;
• content of reviews and emails to us;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
• the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
• login, email address, and password;
• the location of your device or computer;
• the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
• phone numbers used to call our customer service number
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
• updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
• information to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through SUNSTAR Services include:
• status of recent orders
• your complete order history;
• personally identifiable information (including name, email, password);
• payment settings (including payment card information);
• email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
How to Contact Us
You may write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Notice Inquiry
879 West 190th Street, Suite 410
Gardena, CA 90248
We and our partners are using technologies like cookies and process personal data to improve your experience. In case of sale of your personal information you may exercise your consumer right to opt-out by activating the toggles below. For detailed information about the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which information may be used, and which Data Processing Services may have access to this information, please see the Privacy Notice in the upper section of this page.